Friday, January 2, 2009

2009- A Look Ahead

Ah, a new year, means a Clean Slate.




I don't like to make New Years Resolutions- I never keep them anyway. And as list-maker by nature I prefer to make some New Year's Lists. Any Goals you set should be realistic and yet give you something to strive for.




Some short lists I am working on:


My Financial Goals for 2009

(already posted this one 12/19/08)


My Family Goals for 2009

One Goal this year: To eat better (healthier) and watch portion sizes.

Personal Goals for 2009
Exercise More- hoping to walk the lakes at least 3 nights a week.
Eat better (part of the entire family's goal)
Reconnect with my kids (even though we do alot together- we used to have family game night every friday- which I want to re-establish, and I am hoping that I can take one kid with me on my walks to "catch up" with them)
Organize Our Pictures- Digital and Prints
Set a Daily/ Weekly/ Monthly Routines. (daily is mostly set, but weekly and monthly will be more about keeping my house organized) I enjoy reading stuff over at www.flylady.com but she is TOO organized for me- I didn't think that was possible.


New Frugal Changes I hope to adapt in 2009 (more on this as the year goes on)

Be more meticulous in my record keeping about our finances.
(keeping track helps me be more frugal- make every dollar stretch as far as it can go)

Eat home more/order in less- and avoid convience foods.
(which cost more and don't work with my family goal of healthier eating)



Books I want to Read in 2009 (from simplemom.com)

Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominques & Vicki Robin

It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff by Peter Walsh

Last Child in the Woods: Saving our children from Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv

For Woman Only: What you need to know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey



Just some things I have rolling around in my head....

Hope some get you thinking of your own lists.

No comments: